The awareness of the health benefits of dietary fibre is increasing with diet-conscious consumers, resulting in their use in a wide range of functional food and beverages.
Hawkins Watts has a range of fibre options available:
- Gum Acacia is a natural, soluble fibre with a low viscosity and excellent pH and temperature stability.
- Fibersol®-2, digestion resistant maltodextrin, is a low viscosity, soluble fibre.
- Insoluble fibres include the Herbacel range of Citrus, Apple, Pea and Oat fibres, and Herbstreith & Fox Pectins.
- Prebiotic fibres including Fibregum.
Some of the benefits of fibre include:
- Helps to support or maintain intestinal regularity
- High satiating effect
- Cholesterol-lowering potential
- Helps to reduce peak postprandial blood glucose and insulin levels
- Certain types of fibre, such as citrus fibre, can help to improve texture